STRIDE offers a supportive environment and infrastructure that gives independent scientists and engineers the opportunity to join multi-disciplinary teams, pursue their passions, conduct grant-funded research, work on corporate projects, develop their own business, and network with like-minded professionals.
Become a Member
Independent scientists and engineers can further their professional goals by attending networking events, making connections and sharing information.
Membership also offers the opportunity to apply for R&D and consulting projects that STRIDE undertakes with its clients. STRIDE issues requests for members to work on projects as the need arises. These range from short-term consulting projects requiring a single expert to those that require teams of experts. To avail of this benefit, we request that members submit their resumes for our database. Our experience shows that most client’s problems require more than one discipline and one expertise area. The STRIDE advantage is our team-based approach to helping clients with complex technical challenges.
STRIDE members enjoy the benefits of both STRIDE and STRIDE Services, Inc. and can choose from two membership levels:
- Student, for undergraduate, graduate students and post-doctoral researchers; annual fee $25
- Professional, for those who are ready to begin or continue a career in science; annual fee $50
Benefits for Professional members include:
- Opportunities to engage in collaborative R&D projects
- Consulting opportunities in support of the chemical industry, from start-ups up to Fortune 100 companies
- Interactions with a network of fellow scientists and engineers
- Ability to stay current via STRIDE seminars
- Potential to mentor &/or be mentored
- Opportunities to receive or provide support for developing innovative ideas into successful businesses
- Assistance with grant proposals (if submitting grant through STRIDE)
- Volunteer opportunities for STEM outreach
- Earn a 5% finder’s fee on all projects you bring to STRIDE
SSI engages companies in the Delaware Valley to provide consulting and custom R&D solutions. Teams of members are created to collaborate on a project-specific basis. When you work with SSI or STRIDE, we handle all administrative duties, such as the client agreement, scope of work, invoicing and collection. Join us to pursue your scientific aspirations!
Benefits for Student members include:
- Internship opportunities for long-term research projects
- Short-term opportunities for obtaining real-world experience on a project-specific basis
- Mentoring from seasoned scientists
- Networking with experienced industrial professionals
- Grant proposal advice & assistance (if submitting grant through STRIDE)
- Free career-readiness seminars
Contact us if you have questions about membership.
Join as a Research Partner
STRIDE conducts grant-funded research and supports independent scientists in applying for research grants in areas of its expertise. Government research grants can be tough to navigate on your own. STRIDE experts can work with you to develop your ideas and help you put together a comprehensive grant application. STRIDE is registered to do business with the government and can manage the grant submission process. STRIDE’s resources and assistance can improve your chances of success.